SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Perls of wisdom???
- To: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Perls of wisdom???
- From: Jamie Wilkinson <jaq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Sep 11 13:17:02 2002
- Reply-by: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:42:33 +1000
- User-agent: Mutt/1.4i
This one time, at band camp, Daniel Harper wrote:
>Why is mount -t smbfs considered better than smbmount?
mount is a wrapper command around each of the filesystem specific mount
commands: mount.ext2, mount.minix, smbmount, and so on. By using mount,
you've got a common interface to all the filesystems, you can control it all