SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Hidden NIC's
- To: Marty Richards <marty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Hidden NIC's
- From: Bill Taylor <norwest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Sep 9 22:35:02 2002
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win95; en-US; rv:0.9.4) Gecko/20011019 Netscape6/6.2 (CK-APCMag)
Marty Richards wrote:
it's a lot more than ip settings now. whatever reads the hardware as it
doesn't detect a nic at all, and there are error messages everywhere as
mainly segmentation fault, (kudzu) unary operator expected they fly
It sounds like the IP settings are wrong.
The module for the card must have loaded or DHCP wouldn't work, so I'm
guessing the static address, subnet mask or gateway isn't set correctly...
what makes you think the NICs aren't recognized? What commands are you using
to look at the status?
quick I can't read them. they don't appear in bootlog, messages, or dmesg.
ifconfig eth0: error fetching interface information: Device not found
don't worry about it, I haven't stuffed it for months, and it's over
10 partitions, so I should be able to reinstall without losing anything
except problems. The second box is reporting the same for ifconfig, so
i've left it in windows where it still works (so far)!