Re: [SLUG] Squid question

On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 13:15, kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> can you get squid to limit people's download per day?
>
> What I would like to do is allow each person from a group to download 10meg
> per day from the internet. Is this possible?
>
> I thought I saw someting in the config file a while ago. Or I guess I was
> drunk at the time and miss read the config file. :)

Squid doesn't support bandwidth metering in this fashion at the moment.
The 2.5 release has an authentication framework that makes it possible
to implement bandwidth metering on a per-user basis, but I've not had
the time to code such a project, and no one has contributed one either
(that I'm aware of).

Cheers,
Rob