SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Squid question
- To: kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Squid question
- From: Michael Fox <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Sep 5 14:05:03 2002
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: IMP/PHP IMAP webmail program 2.2.7
> can you get squid to limit people's download per day?
> What I would like to do is allow each person from a group to download
> per day from the internet. Is this possible?
> I thought I saw someting in the config file a while ago. Or I guess I
> drunk at the time and miss read the config file. :)
I don't think its supported natively, but then again I have read something
similar to what you wish to do. However just like you, don't remember where.
*puts on memory cap*
Are the users authenticating to the squid db? or are you going to base the
download limits on static ip's via a machine basis.