SLUG Mailing List Archives
RE: [SLUG] Email RFC.
- To: Wienand Ian <iwienand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [SLUG] Email RFC.
- From: Michael Fox <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Sep 5 13:27:19 2002
- Cc: "'Striker'" <striker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: IMP/PHP IMAP webmail program 2.2.7
Quoting Wienand Ian <iwienand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >I've been looking through RFC2822 (thanks Mary!) but have been unable
> >find anything that states that the * is not allowed in an email
> It's not. If it's really a good idea, though, is another thing.
> probably find it got rejected from a lot of automated sign up forms.
Also be interesting to see if third part programs would react to it.. an
example that springs to mind would be a webmail interface allowing the user
with the * in his/her username for mail. I am guessing it might not like it.