[SLUG] Email RFC.

Hi Guys..

I have a customer who wants a * in their email address (or more to the
point, as their email address)

We've tested it (for fun) it works.. but I'm sure its not allowed.

I've been looking through RFC2822 (thanks Mary!) but have been unable to
find anything that states that the * is not allowed in an email addres.

Now, we don't really want to give this kind of address to our customers, but
company policy states that if theres nothing that says we can't, then we
should try to accomodate our customers.

Does anyone know of anywhere I could find statement that use of an asterisk
in email adresses is illegal?

--Striker.

|   |  Lord Striker...                              |   |
|_O_|       This space for rent.                    |_O_|
|   |           striker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx               |   |
|   |           http://foreboding.net/              |   |
|           My head hurts, Can I go now?...             |