SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Source IP address
- To: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Source IP address
- From: Glen Turner <glen.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Jun 28 15:41:03 2002
- Organization: Australian Academic and Research Network
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.9) Gecko/20020408
Is it possible to use iproute2 or something similar to use a particular
source address when sending to a particular subnet? (2.4 kernel)
The default behaviour is for a packet exiting ethN to have the source
IP address of ethN.
The router on ethN is perfectly entitled to discard packets coming
off that subnet which have the wrong source address (and the router
should be configured to do so).