Re: [SLUG] [jdub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: GNOME 2.0 Desktop and Developer Platform Released!]

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 09:11, Adrian van den Dries wrote:
> Woo hoo!  Thanks to Jeff "GNOME 2 Release Manager" Waugh and his band of
> merry hackers!  Now, for want of bandwidth...

Using garnome, G2 is very easy to install and use (see the home page at

I've been using RC1 and haven't had any problems with the desktop or
standard applications.  The only problem app is rhythmbox which, for me,
locks up as soon as I try and play anything (yet to be folowed up...).

The new generation G2 is a much more polished, professional desktop than
the previous incarnations - do yourself a favour and try it ;-)

P.S. Wait till you try the reborn Nautilus graphical shell...

* Simon Wong *