Re: [SLUG] can't establish network connect

Is your network card up (eth0)
Do an ifconfig and check if your eth0 is up or down

Mark Crisp
Messaging, Hosting & Security - Asia/Pacific & Australia
Systems Engineer
Unit 8
5 Talavera Rd
North Ryde NSW 2113
Phone:             612 8876 8910
Fax:                   612 8876 8899
Cell Phone:     0414 86 4031

                      <shera@xxxxxxx.a         To:      <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                      u>                       cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject: [SLUG] can't establish network connect
                      23/06/2002 09:02

I'm going to set up my linux box (RH 7.2) as a  server for a couple of
Win98 boxes.  At the moment I can't ping the W  box.  Using the network
howto eth0 is the route is .1.0 &  the default gw is .1.1
Running netstat -r the table is as I think it  should be.  My card is
ne2k-pci.  The fault message is destination  host unreachable (the w box is  Thanks.