SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Symlinks or recompile?
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] Symlinks or recompile?
- From: Bill <billb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Jun 17 14:20:02 2002
I'm using Suse 8.0 with KDE 3 whose lib files are located in /opt/kde3/libs.
I installed KGuitar rpm (for Redhat) which looks for the kde libs in /usr/lib/.
1) can I symlink from /usr/lib to /opt/kde3/libs for the 9 libk* files
2) can I alter the install file in the RPM, or
3) should I try to create an RPM from source?
Which is Recommended for a relative newbie,and please, how do I accomplish it.
I have tried RPMFind for a Suse RPM of KGuitar but no joy.