SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Mozilla mail & IMAP
- To: Peter Rundle <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Mozilla mail & IMAP
- From: Jeff Waugh <jdub@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Jun 3 00:49:02 2002
- Cc: Andy Eager <eagera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.28i
<quote who="Peter Rundle">
> There is some problem with creating additional folders, well they get
> created but sometimes they appear as children of Inbox instead of folders
> in their own right (iPlanet works fine but courier doesn't, apparently a
> disagreement about standards).
And that Courier is based on Maildir. :-)
Maildir/ <- inbox
.Folder/ <- sub-folder "Folder"
.Folder.Sub/ <- sub-folder of "Folder", called "Sub"
Given the root Maildir being the inbox, it would be challenging to provide
folders at the same level in a standard manner.
"It's only ironic because it's true." - Reflexive irony, overheard