SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Re: ask emacs(etags)
- To: Mark Johnathan Greenaway <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Re: ask emacs(etags)
- From: Angus Lees <gus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri May 31 08:56:02 2002
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Wanderlust/2.9.9 (Unchained Melody) XEmacs/21.4 (Common Lisp)
At Thu, 30 May 2002 11:06:40 +1000, Mark Johnathan Greenaway wrote:
> rm $ETAGS_FILE
> find . -name '*.py' | xargs etags -a -f $ETAGS_FILE
note also that automake generated Makefile's have a "make TAGS" target
that is very nice.
it generates a TAGS file in each subdirectory and the parent TAGS
includes them. its worth looking at the code if you find yourself
rebuilding entire TAGS files for large code trees..