Re: [SLUG] Tsk tsk Cisco...gpl breach..

On Thu, 2002-05-30 at 21:28, Ben Buxton wrote:
> Cisco seems to be breaching the GPL by using a Linux distribution
> in one of their devices and not mentioning GPL, Linux or source
> anywhere:

so if I develop some application on linux and compile with gcc and use
standard header files/libs (eg. glib) then that will be linked into
my binary I produce.  If I want to sell commercially my app, do I
have to give away the source too?  all the source or just the GPL bits?
if I don't include the source do I have to acknowledge the GPL stuff
or include the GPL copyright notice etc etc?

If I have to include the source, then I'm aware of lots of companies
"in breach".

Dave.