Re: [SLUG] Tsk tsk Cisco...gpl breach..

On Fri 31 May, Manoj Mathew made the following spurious claims:

> Yes, the copyright holder. However, to establish a breach of GPL, it
> must be proved that the GPL'ed code was /stolen/. The offender can
> very well claim that the code was developed by them and not part of
> the GPL'ed program.

Yes but you can issue subpoenas to seize and search CVS
repositories/computers/whatever if you need to.

> Unfortunately, with most copyleft holders being individuals they may
> not be able to fight the /Evil Empire/. And yes, the first such battle
> will be interesting!

This is why you should assign your copyrights to the Free Software
Foundation.  Then THEY will fight your case!

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon@xxxxxxxxxx>
www.rumble.net

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.