Re: [SLUG] SpamAssassain again

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="Howard Lowndes">
>
> > I tested by piping a spam email into spamassassin and it was correctly
> > mangled and output into my mailbox (or to stdout if I use the -t
> > argument).  If I try to pipe it into spamc though it comes out unmangled
> > and returns an exit code of 0 (not spam).
> >
> > I guess the next thing to check is that the spamd daemon is actually
> > finding its config files, but has anyone else got any other ideas.
>
> spamc run from procmail will use *your* configuration files, ie:
>
> ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs:
>
> rewrite_subject 0
> report_header 1
> use_terse_report 1
> skip_rbl_checks 1
> check_mx_attempts 0
>
> I choose not to mangle, because I filter on "X-Spam-Flag: YES" instead of
> making the emails grody.

I hear what you say, and I have $HOME/.spamassassin/user_prefs set up with
some arguments.  spamd is running as root, I am running spamc as root, but
still it won't do its thing when I test it.

Are you saying that procmail, and hence spamc, gets run as the account
that is the RCPT of the email or as the user running sendmail/procmail.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people