RE: [SLUG] Samba Ethernet problem [Beginner]

Hi Marty,

Thanks for your help.

--- Marty Richards ... wrote:
> Did you findout if the Tx Rx counters under ifconfig on debian are
> incrementing? These, or the error counts beside them should be going
> up if its working properly...

Yes, the error count does increase after I ping from the
Linux box. Here's the output:

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:60:08:8F:CA:9C
          inet addr:  Bcast:
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
          Interrupt:11 Base address:0x4000

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:  Mask:
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:3924  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0

Does this indicate that the hardware of the card is actually working,
but the software is not configured right?

Also, following Ben Donahue's kind suggestion I tried:

PING ( 56 data bytes
ping: sendto: Network is unreachable
ping: wrote 64 chars, ret=-1
ping: sendto: Network is unreachable

Can someone help me to interpret this output?

Thanks for your help - all suggestions gratefully received.

- mark

Do You Yahoo!?
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience