[SLUG] Re: "How To Adopt Gnus" (An Emacs Mailer)

At Wed, 15 May 2002 15:57:46 +1000, Terry Collins wrote:
> Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > <quote who="Terry Collins">
> > > Does it do nested mailboxes?
> > >
> > > yep, I'm using Netscape Communicator and I really need mail delivered to
> > > nested mailboxes.
> >
> > Are there any clients that *don't* do nested mailboxes?
>
> Yes, just about everyone I've looked at.
[example]
> is beyond most mail clients except netscape comm and one other that I've
> forgotten the name of.
>
> Most just want to dump in one inbox or at best one level down.

.. so you just get procmail to deliver to mbox files / maildir
directories scattered all over the place, and then tell your mailer to
look at them all.

even mail(1) can do that with -f.

which mailers did you find that you *couldn't* specify the mail spool
to read from?

--
 - Gus