SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Re: Pacific Internet ADSL
- To: "Brett Jones" <brettjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Re: Pacific Internet ADSL
- From: Angus Lees <gus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed May 15 22:11:01 2002
- Cc: <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Wanderlust/2.9.9 (Unchained Melody) XEmacs/21.4 (Common Lisp)
At Wed, 15 May 2002 16:36:15 +1000, Brett Jones wrote:
> Most known service ports under 1024 are blocked. This includes inbound tcp
> connections to ports 21, 22, 23, 25, 53, 80, 110, 6667, etc.
yes. not being able to ssh directly into your box is one of the
biggest hassles i have with my pacific home *dialup* account. work's
pacific business adsl account doesn't have this "feature".
i can understand blocking 25, 137-139, etc - but blocking ssh?