Re: [SLUG] Large hard drive support

On Sun 19 May, Ken Foskey made the following spurious claims:

> OK I splshed on large harddisk and I want to configure it.  I have the
> old Debian system booted but it says:

> hdc: driver not present
>
> unable to open /dev/hdc

Have a look at /proc/pci and look for something similar to this:

  Bus  0, device  19, function  0:
    Unknown mass storage controller: Triones Technologies, Inc. HPT366
    / HPT370 (rev 4).
      IRQ 11.
      Master Capable.  Latency=120.  Min Gnt=8.Max Lat=8.
      I/O at 0xdc00 [0xdc07].
      I/O at 0xe000 [0xe003].
      I/O at 0xe400 [0xe407].
      I/O at 0xe800 [0xe803].
      I/O at 0xec00 [0xecff].

In my case this provides my third and fourth IDE interfaces.  To get
Debian to see it, specify this at the lilo prompt:

linux ide2=0xdc00

Of course that depends on your system, whether it's ide2, ide3, ide4
whatever and the memory address.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon@xxxxxxxxxx>
www.rumble.net

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until
you can find a rock.
- Will Rogers