Re: [SLUG] Pacific Internet ADSL

Just reading on whirlpool forums Pacific are closing down ports on there
Home ADSL service

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=14896
Gday All.

Most known service ports under 1024 are blocked. This includes inbound tcp
connections to ports 21, 22, 23, 25, 53, 80, 110, 6667, etc. This does not
affect those people wishing to run a VPN client, and it does not affect any
P2P apps like kazaa, gnutella, audiogalaxy etc.

I can confirm that none of these P2P services are throttled in any way, we
have tested all of them, and they work just fine thank you :)

Hope that clears things up

James
- Pacific Internet

Brett Jones