SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] [OT?] Cross platform C++ GUI project - Qt or GTK+
- To: Simon Wong <SJPWongBulk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] [OT?] Cross platform C++ GUI project - Qt or GTK+
- From: Matthew Hannigan <mlh@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon May 13 14:08:02 2002
- Cc: Slug List <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.0.0+) Gecko/20020507
Simon Wong wrote:
A group of friends and I are about to embark on a project to design an
application in C++ (maybe we are masochists!).
My main development platform will be on linux but we want it to be able
to run on XDarwin (no drama) and windoze as well.
We don't want any framework support i.e. no gnome or KDE (yet!)
We are trying to decide on whether to base it on Qt or GTK+.
I have done some googling and didn't find any useful links to using GTK+
on windoze <ducks>.
Devhelp seems to be great for GTK+ on linux and I'm assuming there's
plenty of info for Qt as well.
What are people's thoughts on this?
was made for you.