Re: [SLUG] SPAM stuff

Alex Samad wrote:

> What about a self authenticating mail systems where you have to have a valid
> email address.
>
> so some thing like
>
> 1) I would like to join the email list
> 2) mail system send message with random key to email address
> 3) user returns email with the random key
> 4) valid account (well) or after 2-5 days time out the email

I believe there are spam progs that will sign up to a list,
authenticate, then send their spam i.e authentication doesn't stop them

There are also spammers (in bio) that do the list rounds regularly and
keep a watch out for negative feedback. Curiously they are all women.

   email: terryc@xxxxxxxxxx  www: http://www.woa.com.au
   Wombat Outdoor Adventures <Bicycles, Books, Computers, GIS>