SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Debian source package fails at build
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Debian source package fails at build
- From: Jamie Wilkinson <jaq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Feb 28 23:03:01 2002
- Reply-by: Sun Mar 3 22:39:01 EST 2002
- Reply-to: Jamie Wilkinson <jaq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.25i
This one time, at band camp, Jeff Waugh wrote:
><quote who="Rob B">
>8< snip 8<
>Here we have an attempt to run autoconf, which fails...
>> # Add here commands to compile the package.
>> autoconf -l autoconf autoconf/configure.in >configure
>> /bin/sh: ./autoconf: is a directory
Which suggests that you don't have autoconf installed. You do have all the
build-dependencies for this package installed? You won't be able to build
the package from source if you don't.
apt-get build-dep $package
<dopey> not all people are annoying, some of them are already dead