[SLUG] NFS mount problem

I have a vfat partition mounted on box A and I am then trying to nfs mount
that from box B.  Box A looks to accept the nfs mount request OK judging
by the /proc/fs/nfs and /var/lib/nfs entries, but box B is still denied
the access; the message from box B (NFS client) being:

 mount /mnt/disk/
mount: failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

I have /etc/exports and /etc/hosts.allow set up OK.

>From the NFS server (box A):

 cat /proc/fs/nfs/exports
# Version 1.0
# Path Client(Flags) # IPs
/mnt/hda,no_root_squash,async,wdelay) #

 cat /var/lib/nfs/etab

 cat /var/lib/nfs/xtab

 tail /var/log/messages
Feb 19 19:54:38 lan-255-131 rpc.mountd: authenticated mount request from for /mnt/hda (/mnt/hda)
Feb 19 19:54:38 lan-255-131 rpc.mountd: getfh failed: Operation not permitted

Clues anyone?

LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people
Contact detail at http://www.lannetlinux.com
 "I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God's function.
 Our job is simply to arrange the meeting."
   - General "Storm'n" Norman Schwartzkopf