Re: [SLUG] cant telnet

On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 20:33, henry wrote:
> Dear Sirs:
>
> Tks for your instruction.
> I use slackware.
>
> I get msg "/etc/hosts.allow          missing separator ":" at line 1 " by
> typing  "tail /var/log/syslog"
> And there is only  one line :       192.168.0.223            in hosts.allow

Henry,

Firstly, can you please ensure that you only reply to the list and not
to me personally.  This keeps the whole 'mailing list' idea alive and
well.

Second, I would check the syntax of hosts.allow (man hosts.allow). Its
been a long time since I used it (ssh/xinetd took its place) but I know
you're missing something

I would also make the suggestion that telnet is an insecure tool for
remote access and should be used with caution.  Consider using ssh in
its place.

HTH

Greeno
--