SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] What have I forgotten, steeing up virtual Apache server
- To: Peter Vogel <pvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] What have I forgotten, steeing up virtual Apache server
- From: Dean Hamstead <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Feb 11 15:11:01 2002
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; FreeBSD i386; en-US; rv:0.9.7+) Gecko/20020123
check that your webserver can resolve the hostname for that virtual
server to an address that is on your server
check that your config is correct (looking for obvious visual errors,
checking against prior virtual host entries and by running
if you have added a new ip address for the new host you may need to
add a new
try killing or /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl stop then restarting
restart or HUP'ing will frequently fail to produce error messages.
Peter Vogel wrote:
Running Linux 6.1 and I have minimal knowledge - I am running Apache
with a number of virtual domains. I have just added a new one and when
I try to browse it locally I get what looks like my domain's default
site (different IP address).
I can ping the server okay.
I have set up a virtual server entry in httpd.conf and done httpd
What might I have forgotten to do?
The domain is www.axisofevil.info