SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] smoothwall - dial on demand
- To: "Canberra Linux Users Group" <linux@xxxxxxxxx>, "Humbug General" <general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Sydney Linux User Group" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] smoothwall - dial on demand
- From: Mick Howe <mickhowe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Feb 11 11:07:02 2002
- Organization: Cave of the BareClan
Just installed Smoothwall 0.9.9 se as per the docs and can't get it to dial
If I tick the DoD box in the Dialup | ppp settings I can't dial at all.
After clearing the tick, hitting the 'connect' button on the home page will
start dialling and can surf away on my two w98se boxes
Also having bother with configuring linux (RedHat 7.1) to connect through
I have set 'name server specification' to the IP of the smoothwall box and
'routing and gateways' to the same IP and enabled routing using Network
Configurator but no joy. the linux box is a duel boot with 98se.