SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] backup modem for ADSL
- To: "Linux Sydney (E-mail)" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] backup modem for ADSL
- From: "Peter McCarthy" <peterm@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Feb 7 16:22:02 2002
- Reply-to: <peterm@xxxxxxxxxx>
I would like to configure a modem to be a backup for our rather shaky Telstra
the idea being the modem will sit idle until it detects the ADSL is down, then
it will dial up our ISP and give us some connection, humble as it may be.
Naturally the tear down procedure would also occur should the link come back up.
I have the modem PPP stuff all sorted, this is simple enough, but the detection
and routing stuff has me stumped. Has anyone done something like this, or have
an idea how this might work ?
(and yes I know Telstra are a bad choice, but this is out of my hands)