Re: [SLUG] Re: compiling kernels - built in v module

On Sat, 2002-02-02 at 11:43, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> I find people who compile unix domain sockets as a module crazy because
> it's going to be loaded moments after init starts anyway.

I had previuosly accidently built this as a module and discovered this
the hard way!

If you try and reboot from your "rescue" disk that only has the kernel
image and *not* the modules, the whole system dies when youmost need it
(if the modules were moved elsewhere/deleted).

--
* Simon Wong *