Re: [SLUG] Email client recommendations

On Sun, 2001-09-30 at 19:57, Jeff Waugh wrote:
(in regards to evolution)

> >  * Exportable/Printable address book (Kmail fails badly here,
Mahogany
> >    is good)
>
> Excellent printing support - I'll have to check about the address book.

It can export to vcard, as well as the ldap support, which is pretty
good.

The printing output is indeed very nice.

From: Tony Green <tgreen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: Change of address

(With apologies to Tony :-)

> >  * Reliability! (Kmail and Pine are the real winners here)
>
> Check, or at least I think so.

The email component has, in my opinion, been very stable for a while.
There are a couple of minor usability issues, and the calendar in
particular has some issues, but on the whole, I'm very impressed.

> ... and Evolution it is. :)
>
> Check out the 0.14 release, it's *really* slick. I say that as a happy mutt
> user, too! :)

And I, as an *ex* happy mutt user, heartily agree.

Regards,
Peter