Re: [SLUG] A punitive puppeteer? (fwd)

'...While we're on the subject of license enforcement, let me throw in a
term one alert reader just spotted in the license for FrontPage 2002. "You
may not use the Software in connection with  any site that disparages
Microsoft, MSN, MSNBC, Expedia, or their products or services ... " the
license reads in part. ...'

You'll find that this part of the EULA is legally unenforcable. If I write a site (as I have done) that bags out MicroSloth, they cannot make not writing such as site a condition of me using their software. apart from the normal laws of Libel, they haven't got a leg to stand on.

I wonder how stupid they'd look taking a webmaster to court for writing a Microsoft parody site with Front Page 2002 (remembering that parody is a legal form of 'self expression").

Then again, absolutely nothing that company does surprises me any more.