SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] running a shell script within gnome
- To: Andy Eager <eagera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Slug list <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] running a shell script within gnome
- From: Andy Eager <eagera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Sep 28 18:02:02 2001
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.2) Gecko/20010702
Self answered question (I love those)
a) Right click on any blank space on your desktop
b) Select New -> Launcher
c) Fill in the details
d) Tick the box marked 'run in terminal'
Andy Eager wrote:
I hope this is a nice simple yes/no question:
I have written a shell script which runs quite nicely in the shell
when I type its name.
Now what if I want to 'point-and-double click' to have it run ?
(I double click my home directory, select the script and now I want it
to open up a shell and run)
This is for another Linux newbie who is horrified by the thought of
having to type anything in a window.
Thanks in advance,