SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Slow to pop
- To: Peter McCarthy <pmccarth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Slow to pop
- From: Mike Holland <myk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Sep 27 23:58:01 2001
- Cc: Linux Sydney <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Peter McCarthy wrote:
> I have noticed that when poping (mail retrieval) off my RH7.1 Linux box my
> Win PC is very slow to do the p.o.p.
I'd guess you server is trying some kind of network lookup. 'tcpdump' will
probably tell you what its doing. DNS? ident?
Mike Holland <myk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"Everybody is talking about the weather but nobody does anything
about it." -- Mark Twain