Re: [SLUG] kill user and print jobs script

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Alister Waller wrote:

> Whats the best way to run a shell script so that it has the right
> persmissions to kill a user and stop/start and clear down print queues?

Your effective user-ID must either be root, or the user in question.
Why not run the script as root? (assuming its carefully checked and
tested) Your problem is not clear.
  You can use  'su', eg    "su <user> -c <my-script-command>"
If you are not already root, it will ask for the user's password.

  See also 'sudo'. Is that what you want?

--
Mike Holland  <myk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
			--==--