RE: [SLUG] VERY worrying

On 10-Sep-2001 Silcock, Stephen wrote:

> Wouldn't this apply in the US only?

maybe, maybe not. depends upon the implementation. Of the law is passed, all
PC's, handhelds, etc manufactured in, or for the US market will be subject to
having the encryption hardware.

If the implementation requires a connection to be verified by said hardware,
then I can see it being the case that you and I might not be able to connect to
servers that are _in_ the US, because our external PC's would not be able to
pass said verification. For example.

-Greg