RE: [SLUG] VERY worrying

Wouldn't this apply in the US only?  I know the Americans *think* they rule
the world, and many countries will probably follow along like well behaved
little puppies; but surely there'd be countries that would continue to
produce plain vanilla hardware (with a corresponding increase in commerce
from people who prefer their PC's be their own)?  I'm thinking China for
one... they seem to have this paranoid obsession with not having US
encryption in their hardware.

It would also seem an excellent way to encourage vendors to pack up and move
offshore; a bold move given the growing popularity of Linux and the BSD's...

S.   :)

> Most have probably seen this but.....
>
> http://slashdot.org/articles/01/09/08/0238200.shtml
>
> VERY worrying, even for us here in Australia.
>
> Gnuthad

PLEASE NOTE:

This email transmission is confidential and intended solely for the
addressee.  If you are not the intended addressee, you must not use,
disclose or print this transmission and you should delete it from your
system.