SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Emacs question
- To: Slug list <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Emacs question
- From: Andy Eager <eagera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue Sep 4 16:18:02 2001
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.2) Gecko/20010702
I'm a relatively new user of emacs.
I use it for C-coding and just love the speedbar for jumping between
functions within my code. When I add a new function to my code, I find
that the speedbar doesn't update itself to show my newly added function.
If I right-click in the speedbar window, it has an auto-update option
(which is checked) and an 'update' option which when clicked does
nothing but collapse the tree. If I close emacs and restart it with the
same code, the speedbar will show my new function. I know I shouldn't
have to do this.
Does anybody know how to have the speedbar update itself ?
Am I asking for something that emacs doesn't do ?