SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Inittab process respawning too fast
- To: marty@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Inittab process respawning too fast
- From: Howard Lowndes <lannet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue May 29 15:41:01 2001
- Cc: Terry Collins <terryc@xxxxxxxxxx>, Slug List <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Try looking for a lock file somewhere.
Howard. LANNet Computing Associates <http://lannetlinux.com>
"We needn't, as socialists, get too concerned about privacy;
it's a bourgeois right, closely allied to the right to private property".
- Former Federal Health Minister Neal Blewett,
addressing the Fabian Society in 1988 in relation to the Australia Card issue.
On Tue, 29 May 2001 marty@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > I have an inittab process that is respawning too fast (keep getting
> > error messages) and I can not work out how to fix it - any assistance
> > welcome.
> the process is exiting as soon as init starts it, so init has invoked a safeguard to
> prevent system overload...
> to stop the messages, comment the service out in /etc/inittab and restart init...
> then you can start the service manually and debug it...
> i have similar problems with misconfigured mgetty processes...