SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Fwd: pam_smb question
- To: Luke McKee <luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Fwd: pam_smb question
- From: Del <del@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon May 28 12:54:01 2001
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Organization: Babel Com Australia
Luke McKee wrote:
> I haven't seen my message come back from Samba list for about a hour so
> I may as well post to slug.
> The problem I am having seems to be more to do with PAM than with
> Before PAM decides to load in any modules it decides to peruse
> /etc/passwd to see if a user is in there.
> Does anyone have a idea why PAM would do this?
PAM does not. NSS does. Have a look at the order of things in the
various lines in /etc/nsswitch.conf