[SLUG] Re: troff

\begin{root}
> I notice when programmers write books they tend to write them using
> troff/nroff/groff with pic, eqn, etc to do various things.

pic is way cool. i use LaTeX (never did learn troff..), but still use
pic for all my diagrams, flowcharts, etc thanks to pic -t  :)

(for debian users, at least) good pic documentation is available (by ESR):

 zcat /usr/share/doc/groff/pic.ms.gz | groff -pte -ms -Tascii | less

if you have a troff file, and you don't know what groff options it
should be run with (or if you're like me, and keep forgetting),
grog(1) can be very useful.

--
 - Gus