SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] simple problem - RH7.0 & PAM - [NOFLAMES]
- To: Crossfire <xfire@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] simple problem - RH7.0 & PAM - [NOFLAMES]
- From: Luke McKee <luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue May 22 13:22:02 2001
- Cc: "'slug@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Organization: Webpay
Ok ok ok.
Last posting on this topic my honour. I've made it to the point and fair so there
will be no more need for last words from anyone.
1) I accept there was source available of pam_stack.so but it was in a
redhat.src.rpm. I like getting my updates from the source so to speak.
2) Why did I upgrade?
In troubleshooting a newer pam_ntdom.so module from the samba tng/hd project.
pam_stack didn't seem to work with it either. I wanted vanilla PAM implementation
that one would find in lets say Debian so I would have less trouble with pam
aware programs I compile.
3) I have already complemented you on your website, and both my boss and myself
had a bit of a perusal through it.
4) I guessed (because I was in a hurry) that Redhat introduced this new module to
make it easier for users to globally configure pam aware services and didn't put
it back into the main tree. You confirmed it. Good job.