SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] FYI - Net Banking on Linux - Not St George
- To: Morrissey <director@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] FYI - Net Banking on Linux - Not St George
- From: Ben Donohue <donohueb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat May 5 13:44:01 2001
- Cc: David <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jon Biddell <jon@xxxxxxxxx>, Terry Collins <terryc@xxxxxxxxxx>, Slug List <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I always thought that the reason it was called Exchange was that after
you bought it and it didn't work, you could take it back and *exchange*
it for something else! :-)
> This should not surprise too much, legend has it that the former
> Westpac in-house IT team (it is now mostly outsourced) had an
> enlightened attitude to stabilizing the banks M$ Exch. servers.
> About 2 yrs back unable to get acceptable levels of uptime any other
> way, they decided that Exchang ran best on vmware. What was so
> enlightened? They implemented it.
> David wrote:
>> I hate to advocate ANY bank, but Westpac's internet works fine on
>> all of
>> netscape/linux and netscape/mozilla/IE/mac.