SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Biggest Corporate Contributions to Free Software
- To: Penguinillas <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Biggest Corporate Contributions to Free Software
- From: Jobst Schmalenbach <jobst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri May 4 12:00:02 2001
- Organization: Barrett Consulting Group Pty Ltd
- Reply-to: jobst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 10:52:24AM +1000, Michael Lake (Mike.Lake@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Jeff Waugh wrote:
> What about Adobe with PostScript. It's an open standard. The fact that
> manufacturers have to pay a royalty does not detract from the
> ubiquitious and
> usefullness of ps to the Unix world.
Every Adobe based designer package uses it (for obvious reasons) and
so do most of the others .... and what do they run on? And if you
a (graphic) designer you couldnt do without a postscript printer,
the M$ based drivers suck.
Though the pen IS mightier than the sword, the sword is mightier at any given moment.
| __, Jobst Schmalenbach, jobst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Technical Director|
| _ _.--'-n_/ Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L |
|-(_)------(_)= +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia|