Re: [SLUG] problems with monitor settings

see if you can get the monitor specs, horizontal and vertical refresh
rates, and do a custom monitor install. and select the rates that lie
within the specs.
also do a very generic 640x480 x 256 colours to start with and work your
way up from there.
the bios might need setting to pnp all devices if the motherboard and
card supports it.
also the video card has to have enough memory on board to support the
higher resolution/colours hence starting lower and working your way up.
basic stuff i know, but when you're having problems you have to go back
to basics and work from the known to the unknown.
ben