Re: [SLUG] Re: [ANN] Help fight the dreaded H.T.M.L.

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 10:20:16AM +1000, Michael Lake wrote:
> Anand Kumria wrote:
> > The web group already has some preliminary design constraints:
> >
> > 1. The main types of dynamic content discussed were announcements of
> > upcoming events (meetings, fests etc), and news relevent to Sluggers,
> > and anyone using Linux in Sydney (but NOT general geek news, headlines
> > etc).
> >
> > 2. The events should be hooked up to a calendar, so people can get an
> > overview of what is coming up and what events have been on recently --
> > ie. the front page shows the next event or two, and a more detailed
> > calendar page(s) gives a longer term view.
> >
> > 3. As the upcoming events thing is more important (in terms of
> > persistence) than other news, it should be a separate section prominent
> > on the front page (ie. so you can always find out about the next meeting
> > by checking the front page).
>
> What about adding something to the effect of:
> 4. Able to be navigated and used by vision impaired users.

The other goals were content related whereas this is more of a technology one.

That isn't to say it isn't valid but it isn't the focus currently.

Jeff, the current webmaster, regularly tests the website with text-based
browsers and I'm sure would appreciate any feedback about this.

Thanks,
Anand