SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Silent CRON
- To: zenn <zenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Silent CRON
- From: Jamie Wilkinson <jaq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Jul 30 23:25:02 2001
- Reply-to: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.18i
This one time, at band camp, zenn wrote:
>My syslog.conf looks like this...
>Shouldn't cron log to /var/log/cron ?
>Well, it does but it also logs to /var/log/messages
Because that's what it's told to do. Regardez:
># Log anything (except mail) of level info or higher.
># Don't log private authentication messages!
Let me repeat: "Log *ANYTHING* of level info or higher" to /var/log/messages
AFAICT, the manpage (man syslog.conf) gives no indication that you can
specify *.info except cron.
<Balial> This port may thing it's fortified, butt I seem to be mounting
a pretty good assault