[SLUG] squid server: error on DNS

I'm planning to setup a firewall for my network with optus cable. I configured 1 system with very minimal installation and install squid and another comp (not yet) with DNS-BIND

When installing squid (manually with tar.gz file) when I run
    usr/local/squid/bin/squid -NCd1
I got error:
    ipcache_init: DNS name lookup tests failed.

Is that because I haven't set up any DNS server on my network or the squid request cache server from the optus?
I've tried to look for a documentation on this, but I couldn't find any that can satisfy me

Anyone can help?