SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] PPP / ppp-watch
- To: Andy Eager <eagera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] PPP / ppp-watch
- From: Andy Eager <eagera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Jul 27 12:59:02 2001
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.2) Gecko/20010702
For anyone using RedHat 7.1 and pppd / ppp-watch:
I answered my own question (below) after finally discovering RH
changed (broke) the way their own ppp-watch module was working.
It seems that ppp-watch won't restart a ppp link if power is removed
from the modem and then reapplied (external modems only of course..)
Andy Eager wrote:
I just recently upgraded to RH7.1 and noticed my old favourite way of
starting / stopping my modem doesn't work any more.
... snip modem switch used to start and stop ppp ... (The ultimate
Presumably ppp-watch was responsible for doing this ??
Anyone know why it doesn't happen in RH7.1 ?
( I notice ppp-watch is still there but it doesn't wake the modem up
when its powered up)