Re: [SLUG] Wget and directory listings

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 12:25:28PM +1000, Jobst Schmalenbach (jobst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

[snip]

>  wget http://some.site.au/pub/foo/
>
> it produces for a short time a file called ".listing" but it deletes it.
>
> How can I produce a listing using "wget" so I can have a look
> at the file using for eg awk,sed.

Well this one is NOT in the man page, its visible whe you do:

wget --help:

  -m,  --mirror                shortcut option equivalent to -r -N -l inf -nr.
  -nr, --dont-remove-listing   don't remove `.listing' files.
  -p,  --page-requisites       get all images, etc. needed to display HTML page.

So much for RTFM!
jobst

--
Do Lipton Tea employees take coffee breaks?

             __, Jobst Schmalenbach, jobst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Technical Director
   _ _.--'-n_/   Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L
 -(_)------(_)=  +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia