Re: [SLUG] Intel PRO/100 Intelligent Server Adapter

* This one time, at band camp, Francisco Javier Garc?a S?nchez said:
> I have an Intel EtherExpress PRO/100 Intelligent Server Adapter.
> This is not the standard Intel PRO/100. This card has an intel i960
> RISC chip in addition to the 82557 chip. The idea is that this card can
> reduce the load on the CPU by placing it on the i960. I was wondering
> if there is support for this card under linux. The model number of the
> card is PILA8480.

Hmmmm : first search on google shows this mailing list entry from April
1998 - http://www.tux.org/hypermail/linux-eepro100/1998-Apr/0045.html
Very strange.....

However in Dec 1999, Don Becker (Lord Of All Things NIC) stated
  "Read the driver selection documentation at
  http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/index.html
  and thus cannot be supported. "

Since Don wrote the driver for, amongst other cards, the eepro I would
say he should know if its supported!

Full details of this message to be found at
http://www.beowulf.org/listarchives/linux-eepro100/1999/12/0018.html

Note, things may have changed since then - but not likely unless the
specs for the card have been released.

HTH

TG
--
Greeno <tgreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
GnuPG Key :  1024D/B5657C8B

Imagine working in a secure environment and finding the string
_NSAKEY in the OS binaries without a good explanation
    -Alan Cox 04/05/2001